Wednesday, June 06, 2007

ignorance IS bliss :-|

Definitely understand Switch's mental scramble, when he says.."You know what I realize after all.. Ignorance is bliss" to Agent Smith. I definitely empathize his struggle, if not concur with him. Many people in my life owe me penalities.. for stealing my ignorance away.

A friend of mine had a signature "Its always good to know what you dont know" ! Very unacceptable. I am not sure if i would really like to konw every thing that i dont know(i usually dont care to konw things that are not relly my business, some times ignore the one which do as well). I think i came to know unintentionally things without choice.

When i was a kid enough, not to go to school, I did not know numbers. Could manage gleefully with, 'more' and 'no more'. And when i joined school finally, they taught me numbers.. 1,2,3.. etc. including zero. Already was confusing and was building aversion with numbers as well as their discoveres, for their ubiquitous popularity (Which compelled me not to be ignorant of those, leading to loss of peace). Then appeared the 1st calss teachers to commit more sins. They taught me subtraction, which brought the real *complex*ity. And they said, u cant subtract 2 from 1. gave examples as well (how can u take away 2 apples if u r given 1). Sounded great. (juss bcos i was ignorant that, that was not all the end. and i couldnt live happily-ever-after). That did not last long. the higher calss teacher told, actually we can do so and called them -ve numbers contradicting the lower classes teachings and stealing a little more from my stash of ignorance. Ah ! crap, ok let me belive, i can actually subtract 2 from 1, and for teacher's sake add a '-' before. And then adding to never ending sins, ppl also told me i couldnt do a square root on the -ve number. (who cares!!) ok.. i said. And then they immediately said, i could actually do so adding a 'i' after. Can there be any more crap. And ironically, i ended up liking the sole subject maths!! Ofcourse, that was far from the end...And can anybody contradict me in saying, these all ppl owe me penalties.

And almost in all the cases, whenever i learnt some thing, i only realized once more that i had taken a step away from bliss. However, had not many options to escape from it.. When i was in school, out of my dear ignorance, i used to think, once u complete college life and get a peaceful job, u will have no more worries in life, as thats the best one can ever achieve in his lifetime. And when i finished my b.tech i learnt only that, it was juss the beginning of the life.. can i remain not hating knowledge. Ofcourse, these were the simplest cases of my life, where the crime is picturized.

I honestly dont know what my intention behind writing this post is! juss happened to take place on my blog. :) one lucky post, u may say.

No comments: