Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wings of Fire

http://server1.msn.co.in/sp07/abdulkalam/index.asp

This has been the best link I have come across till to date. And easily its the best page I have visited since my first encounter with a web page. And am thankful from my bottom of the heart to those who evidently made this earnestly and fruitfully.

Right now an unknown feeling fills my heart. Partly satisfying, partly dissatisfying, partly peacefulness still having good place for disturbance. As such, dont know the exact reasons for any one of these. Needless to mention, it only increased my reverence towards Dr. Khalam multiple folds.

And his self-motivation, dedication and determination towards his chosen goal, in spite of the untimely deaths of his parents and family members, are astounding and inspiring. His evident modesty and respect towards his superiors as well as subordinates are some remarkable points I loved the best. His meeting with Shivananda was the incident I tasted the most in his autobiography next to his moral feelings for his parents and his reaction at their expiries. If everybody thinks as broad and plain as Dr. APJ Abdul Khalam beyond the narrow minded gaps between casts, religions and nations, there would not have been these inhuman recent bomb blasts took place in Hyderabad and there would never have been such many more incidents which are unfortunately becoming mundane and insignificant. My heart went out like it never happened before on the day I read the paper on that day. And I could n't help myself to complete one column of that paper out of its lament nature. And like it never happened before my heart melt to see a mail regarding the great Javan Lt. Saurabh Kalia and his team of 5 others who will always receive my at most respect and salutes from the bottom of my heart.... I understood their greatness, by realizing my incapability and smallness just to read the humiliations they have undergone. I hope, at least a handful of my frenz could get a chance to read the mail if not forward it to let the other Indians know, what is going at LOC to our protectors. And I fear, if all these are happening for a reason! Ah!!.. finally I realize my limitations.. Hff! neways.. my curse skinned boon of forgetfulness helps sooth most of these, but only most of these.

Anyways.. I am only glad that, there have been people who have time to make such invaluble material accessible to all the internet users. And I thank them plainly. Glad that, I happen to be on OM's buddy list of Ajith.

Finally some strange/interesting things about APJ:

Kalam begins his day by reading from the Bhagwad Gita
Kalam is leading a remarkable ascetic life
He works for about 18 hours each day
He plays the Rudra Veena
Took leave just twice, when his parents died
He is a self-confessed Ram Bhakt
Reputedly suspicious of colleagues who tried to befriend him

No comments: