Thursday, May 03, 2007

Initial days at "Prophecy"

Things with my employer are going pretty smooth. Way easier than, the way i thought they would. getting an interview call was a sudden surprise. Though my life time goal of getting a call from Morpheus is not fulfilled "yet", atleast could get a call from Oracle. And attending the interviews and getting the offer letter and showing fin*** (as keerthi describes) to prev company, every thing had been great..
however, was not sure, if the quality and/or the quantity of the work might add to my tension, and make me lost in my work-world. But the things in here are cool and the team am into is much more cool. I was interviewed and recruited into a team which had around 20-30 people in CT, hyderabad. The interviewer was the manager of that group and he recruited me to have me in that group, as he felt i was good at c,sql. But in the last minute "some thing" happened and i happen to fall in my current team which has interestingly only 5 people (including my manager). Actually was a little anxious about the team's diversity interms of geographical locations, languages etc. But it turned out to be the team with damn cool ppl. out of 5, 2 are at hyderabad, 2 at bangalore and my manager sitting at Santa Monica , CA.
Apart from technical knowledge, i am finding alot to learn in terms of how to be an effective manager, an effective project lead ! and how to make things work etc. my lead is the best company i've found here. May be because of his presence, every thing else is looking so cool. And their technical skills added to their friendly nature, making me work cooler and better. Their encouraging words and their responsibility grabbing nature is what setting my view, about my current employer, stand apart from my previous emploer, so called Global leader in IT. Apparently, the team is happy with my presence as well. Even the smallest of the things accomplished are priased to a great extent. And the things not done are ignored, saying.. "no worries, that was not expected any way. we will see it later" and the like. only rating at the end of year will show what they actually mean :). Still i juss wanted a life like this. And i sense definately positive openion on my work, which i am happy about.
These things are highly motivating me to stick to way the life is running, and demotivating me to go for further studies. let me see, how the things will go soon. I can never believe my mind, it might ask me to do sth else tomorrow. so making myself ready to takeup any thing.. actually am writing this post, during my work hours... oops, i should be working on RT data migration, forgot. nevermind, dont know how to do that. a fair excuse.. right !

No comments: